The Banquets Sous Chef is responsible for food quality and presentation within the banquet (primary) and restaurant (secondary) facilities at The Hershey Lodge. The ideal candidate will lead by example, upholding an environment of culinary excellence, and support teamwork in a fast-paced atmosphere. The Banquets Sous Chef will primarily work within the Banquet Operations of the culinary team and may be exposed to cross functional experiences overseeing any of our four full-service restaurants within the Hershey Lodge. This role will support a culinary team of 18 and report directly to the Banquet Executive Sous Chef.
About the Hershey Lodge:
The Hershey Lodge located in “The Sweetest Place on Earth”, Hershey, PA has been building a tradition of fine service and excellent accommodations for over 45 years. With 665 rooms and over 100,000 square feet of meeting room space, the Hershey Lodge is one of the largest convention facilities in Pennsylvania. In addition the Hershey Lodge operates four full-service restaurants with a combined 1.2 million covers. As a culinary team member with HE&R you will be inspired to grow within our organization and learn from some of the very best in the industry.
We are less than 2 hours from Philadelphia and Baltimore, and just a bit further from NYC and Washington DC. Hershey draws from and provides access to major metropolitan business and activity. Lancaster county and the greater South Central PA area is one of the richest farming areas in the world. The Hershey Lodge is part of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, which owns & operates various properties including: The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Country Club, the Downtown Restaurant Group, Hersheypark Camping Resort and Hershey Entertainment Complex including Hersheypark, Hersheypark Stadium & Arena, Giant Center.
- Supervising food preparation, sanitation, and safety in the kitchens
- Participating in the interviewing, training, scheduling, and motivating of culinary and stewarding staff
- Menu development in collaboration with the Senior Chefs and costing of menus
- Recipe and plate presentation sheets for training and consistency
- Requisitioning supplies and partner with Purchasing to ensure quality product is on hand
- Maintaining appropriate food inventory levels and budgeted food cost
- Manage labor costs to budget
- Attending designated meetings
- Maintain equipment in good working order, submit regular service and repair requests
- Partner with the front of the house to achieve department goals
Other duties as assigned
Business & Leadership Skills: