The Assistant Director of Engineering is responsible for managing the upkeep and maintenance for The Hotel Hershey including guest rooms, buildings and grounds to meet the appearance and working order standards of the Hotel Hershey. This role will additionally provide leadership and direct support to a team of full-time maintenance staff.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Oversee the functionality and safety of The Hotel Hershey facilities including but not limited to: physical buildings, public areas, guest rooms, kitchens and restaurants, spa, pool areas, meeting spaces, machinery, vehicles and exterior grounds.*
- Direct maintenance activities concerned with the maintenance and repair of structures, facilities and systems.*
- Review distributed materials for planning purposes. Review facility request forms and attend meetings as needed to review details of events and understand guest needs in order to ensure successful event operations.*
- Perform daily walk-throughs and inspections of all areas of the Hotel, including pool facilities. Identify and assign preventative maintenance and repairs. Ensure completion of projects and track work orders accordingly.*
- Interview, train, schedule and supervise the maintenance staff. Delegate and manage daily work assignments. Monitor and develop team member performance to include but not limited to, provide supervision and professional development, conduct evaluations and deliver recognition and rewards.*
- Complete daily administrative tasks; review payroll for accuracy and timeliness; Maintain procurement system for supply ordering, approve purchase orders, ensure adherence to established budget.*
- Assist the Director of Engineering with planning and executing capital projects and the long range work schedule for the property. Assist with managing the operating budget.*
- Participate in Manager on Duty Program.*
- Actively promote safety awareness and safety programs. Verify that maintenance procedures adhere to all Federal and State laws, codes and regulations.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Construction/Maintenance
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment. Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, maintenance of records of power, water and fuel consumption.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Industry experience preferred - Maintenance, Construction, Carpentry, Electrician, HVAC, Plumbing. Previous hotel construction/maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in office procedures, ordering materials, securing bids, and of city codes and other applicable building laws, building construction, etc. Computer utilization is a must.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to train, coach and motivate employees. Requires good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce preferred.
- Experience managing a budget preferred.
- Post-Employment - Must obtain Fork-lift Certification and Department of Agriculture Limited Ride Inspector Certification
- Post-Employment - Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government related licenses, certificates or permits.
- Post-Employment - Willing to obtain Certified Pool Operator certification
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Frequent (34-66%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (25ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (75lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer