The position is responsible for turndown service at The Hotel Hershey.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & Holidays based on operational needs.
- Turning down all guest rooms assigned and maintaining all items in good repair
- Cleaning assigned rooms when needed
- Replenishing linens and supplies
- Reporting any missing items or damage
- Marking and turning in all lost/found items
- Calling to have light bulbs replaced
- Stocking cleaning cart for the next day's work
- The ability to operate a vacuum cleaner
- Reporting unsafe conditions
- Maintaining a neat and orderly linen closet
- Returning room service items to proper location
- Assisting with the training of new turndown staff
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Friendly guest service attitude, well-groomed appearance and self-confidence.
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone.
- Ability to turndown 30 to 45 rooms within a specified period of time and to operate a vacuum cleaner.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English.
- Position is primarily second shift. However, working hours may include times between 5:30PM to 10PM, Monday through Sunday.
- Proper footwear to be provided by employee.
- Chemicals located in and around the workplace.
- Visual ability to determine degree of cleanliness and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, handling, stooping, reaching, lifting and repetitive motions.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer