"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this position is 04/22/2019 through 04/29/2019."
Responsible for assisting other Mechanics with any aspect of the Hersheypark operations as required.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, servicing, and rebuilding mechanical pieces of equipment and rides to sustain specified safety and performance standards
- Assist with ride inspections
- Assist in ordering materials for projects/jobs
- Provide good workmanship in a timely manner
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Assist other mechanics with any aspect of Hersheypark operations, as required
- Must be at 18 years of age or older.
- Three (3) years verifiable trade experience with the mechanical trades (Vo-Tech or trade school training will be considered for one (1) year of work experience).
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to operate a manual transmission
- Good communication skills and teamwork approach
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Basic knowledge of reading blueprints, sketches, and ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of equipment used in support of the mechanical trade
- Working knowledge of fasteners, bearings, and hand tools
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to pass a trade aptitude test
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and basic computer knowledge.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to conform to all working conditions
- Physical requirements include standing, bending, sitting, walking, lifting, and communicating
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational demands
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 feet
- Must be able to work in combination of indoor and outdoor weather and temperature conditions
- This is a Union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer