This position is responsible for kitchen staff management, food preparation, food safety, quality and presentation at Houlihan’s Restaurant in downtown Hershey PA.
This person will work with a culinary team of 15-40 and report directly to the Executive Chef. Compensation will be an annual salary.
- Supervising food preparation, sanitation, and safety in the kitchen
- Assisting with interviewing, training, scheduling, counseling kitchen staff
- Mentoring, developing and coaching kitchen staff
- Managing a high volume kitchen
- Drive menu development and maintain updated costing
- Analyzing recipes and plate presentation
- Ordering food and requisitioning supplies
- Controlling food inventory levels and food and labor costs
- Maintaining equipment in good working order and submit regular service repair and requests
- Partners with the Executive Chef and the Houlihan’s management team through effective communication and operational development to achieve business objectives
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a line cook in a la carte, banquet, free standing restaurant, hotel and/or resort atmosphere.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Degree in culinary arts preferred
- Experience in kitchen management is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in the areas of supervisory and training
- Experience in high volume restaurant
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of POS and automated payroll systems helpful
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., walking, bending, standing 85% of the shift, and working in extreme temperatures.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must obtain RAMP Certification post-employment
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer