The Resorts F&B Operations Analyst provides support and financial guidance to the Food and Beverage (F&B) team in an effort to improve F&B processes and controls, provide valuable tools and information, and assist in managing F&B costs. A primary responsibility is to lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of Standard Operating Procedures in the F&B area. This position will interact very closely with the F&B team to provide accurate and detailed financial analysis surrounding F&B.
(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Assist in improving overall F&B controls by reviewing, developing/updating, and implementing Standard Operating Procedures. Continuously monitor and audit procedures and provide timely feedback and recommendations to management. Create and monitor reports surrounding fraud and theft analysis.*
- Provide decisions support to the F&B team through the creation and distribution of standardized reports and ad hoc analyses as well as present recommendations for improving financial results. Examples include analyses surrounding labor management, menu cost and pricing, F&B cost margins, and inventory management.*
- Aid in managing/controlling F&B costs and inventory levels through focus on loss prevention, accuracy of physical inventory counts and values, and audit of physical receiving and F&B invoices.*
- Manage the F&B Point of Sale software and Inventory Control system. Serve as the primary contact for daily management and upkeep, analytical reporting, and issue resolution. Proactively evaluate and seek to improve system-related controls.*
- Perform month-end closing duties including F&B cost calculations and validation of inventory balances. Review profit and loss statements with F&B management team; provide analysis regarding fluctuations in revenue and expenses.*
- Assist in the F&B budgeting process by developing analyses to support F&B teams in establishing and meeting financial targets. Monitor actual performance as compared to budget, and communicate any anticipated fluctuations in revenue and expenses.*
- Support F&B teams through observation of F&B operations, attendance at various meetings, and participation on task forces.
- Perform additional duties in support of Resorts and Finance teams.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Culinary Arts, Financial Management, Hospitality Management, or Hotel Restaurant Management
- 4 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Must have industry experience in Food/Beverage and Hospitality/Tourism.
- Must be able to obtain appropriate F&B certifications, as identified, after employment.
- Comprehensive knowledge/experience working with advanced functions of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications.
- Additional Industry Experience in Retail, preferred
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience, preferred.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects by prioritizing.
- Solid business understanding of P&L statements and accounting procedures.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present analyses and discuss business issues with Finance and F&B management teams.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to work as part of a team.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- May include working on evenings/holidays/weekends as business level/job responsibility dictates.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer