Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is currently seeking a Guest Services Manager to join our team a the Hershey Lodge!
The Guest Services Manager at the Hershey Lodge is directly responsible for Concierge, Bell, Greeters and Transportation operations, and its full compliance with all Hershey Entertainment & Resort standard operating procedures, policies and duties. The Guest Services Manager is responsible for establishing and delivering an environment of excellence for employees and guests, with a focus on the VIP and guest loyalty program. This position is actively engaged in guest recovery and feedback. This position provides support to Front Desk and PBX switchboard at the Hershey Lodge.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Supervise the day to day service operations of Concierge, Bell, Greeter and Transportation.*
- Act as lead contact person to the bus company that provides Company-wide transportation to Hersheypark; Duties include budgeting, scheduling, and training.*
- Participate in the hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, coaching, and evaluating of all Guest Services associates. Identify the strengths of the team and foster continued growth through ongoing training, coaching and succession development.*
- Deliver service excellence to the VIP and guest loyalty program, from pre arrival outreach calls, inspection of rooms, guest facing contact upon arrival and departure.*
- Work with Convention Services to facilitate group requests including, but not limited to transportation, room deliveries, special service, tours, valet events, and dinner reservations.*
- Understand and manage labor and other expenses within Budget/ Forecast.*
- Support Front Office operations in the managing of: Front Desk and PBX switchboard.
- Seek every opportunity to create memorable guest experiences by addressing and resolving guest concerns quickly, efficiently and courteously through guest facing and/or correspondence.*
- Review and ensure Guest Services Compliance with Accounting/ Finance standard operating procedure, Audit processes and controls: Cash, Check, Credit, Bank and ticket handling policies. Address discrepancies / variances timely with follow up to the appropriate managers/ departments.
- Oversee & monitor the ticketing process including inventory, audit and financial controls.*
- Focus on creating a working environment that reflects the company’s core values and delivers on service excellence.
- Effectively use/manage of the property management system and work with the Front Desk Manager and Room Control Coordinator to manage room inventory.
- Attend and actively participate in all meetings assigned. Participate in the Manager on Duty (MOD) program.
- Assist in the purchasing, receiving and maintaining of required department par levels of all front office supplies, tools and equipment.
- Must be age 18 years or older
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Associate’s degree
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education - 5 years
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Industry Experience - Hospitality/Tourism
- Industry Experience - Other
- Industry Experience - Amusement Park
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer software including Property Management Software, Microsoft Office applications, and experience using a payroll system.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core value (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.)
- Bachelor’s degree
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer