This position is responsible for numerous merchandising and operating functions of Signatures at the Hotel Hershey. Primary responsibilities include: selling merchandise to guests, meet or exceed sales plan, maintaining inventory control, planning and implementing display changes, placing weekly warehouse requisitions, training new staff, managing personnel functions and serving as Supervisor-On-Duty for the retail department. This position reports directly to the Retail Manager for the Shops at the Hotel Hershey.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Greeting all customers and focusing on their needs.*
- Knowing products well and being able to sell with confidence in order to obtain/exceed sales goals.*
- Monitoring inventory control procedures*
- Display changes.*
- Resolving customer inquiries/opportunities.*
- Weekly communication with the Retail Manager and Resorts Retail Director/Buyer regarding reorders, top selling items, and special orders for guests, etc.*
- Regular training for part-time retail employees.*
- Conducting weekly inventory cycle counts.*
- Placing weekly orders from the Retail Warehouse, beverage/snack and sundries vendors.*
- Processing incoming product orders.*
- Collecting and maintaining all employee schedule requests.*
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Retail
- 18 years of age or older.
- Completion of high school or GED
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Proven employee/guest relations, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to model hotel's standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to anticipate guests' needs and respond promptly.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (3ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (35lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer