This position, along with the Executive Steward and Assistant Executive Steward, is responsible for the weekly planning and daily support and supervision of the general kitchen workers, including night cleaners; equipment inventory management; and banquet and restaurant operations suppport.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Monitor work of stewards within kitchen and service areas in order to provide supervision, support, and training during shifts. Ensure areas are properly staffed to maintain proper service levels at all times.*
- Inspect dish rooms, service pantries, and storage areas to maintain food safety standards and a safe work environment. Enforce all health and safety standards.*
- Review, document, and arrange all department paperwork, including but not limited to: inventory, payroll, staff schedules, and cleaning procedures.*
- Respond promptly to requests from the Executive Chef, guests, employees and other departments. Delegate work to staff as needed.
- Maintain inventory of all china, glassware, and other supplies. Organize and document supplies. Recommend purchase of new supplies in order to maintain sufficient inventory levels at all times.*
- Assist executive steward in weekly planning and scheduling of staff and resources in order to meet operational demands.
- Participate in Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation.
- Assist Culinary Department with Banquet related functions to include off-property catering events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of Food & Beverage experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Must be available to work all shifts including third (overnight), evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Post-Employment - ServSafe Certification is required.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Must have basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Spanish language skills are a plus
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (10ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (70lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer