This position is responsible for food quality and presentation of meals in the Restaurants, and other restaurants outlets as needed.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation in order to provide consistently high quality food and to minimize waste. Establish portion sizes and assist in setting menu prices.*
- Train kitchen staff regarding food preparation, presentation, sanitation, and safety practices.*
- Order supplies and take inventory of food items in order to maintain adequate supply levels at all times. Verify that supplies are received in the correct amounts and that they are stored correctly.*
- Enforce and implement sanitation and safety practices in the kitchen to ensure all legal and Hotel standards are maintained.*
- Supervise food preparation; ensure that staff prepares menu items according to recipes and yield guidelines.*
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas. Maintain equipment in good working order and submit regular service and repair requests.*
- Organize, schedule, and direct the work of kitchen staff to ensure that all kitchen functions are carried out efficiently and safely. Work on line during service and assist as needed.*
- Build menu plating guides, recipes, and other support materials to assist with training employees and to maintain consistency of kitchen output.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience can be subsituted for education.
- Must have Food & Beverage Industry Experience
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe Certification Post-Employment
- Hospitality/Tourism Industry experience, preferred
- Associate’s degree in Culinary arts, preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient in Excel/Word Doc/and PowerPoint
- Proven leadership, motivation, communication, and organization skills
- Dedicated to professional development of yourself and your team
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (2 flightsft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50 lbslbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer