The job title may be “fry cook” but what we’re really looking for is a food plating extraordinaire. You can handle the heat of the kitchen with a recipe for success that boils down to sheer commitment. We’ve got a supportive team ready to welcome you with open arms and an apron ready to tie on. They’ll get you seasoned with everything, including the kitchen sink.
Houlihan’s is a modern American restaurant and bar located in the Hershey Press Building. We utilize scratch methods by using real, whole ingredients to create dishes in our open kitchen.
If you think we just described you and your ideal environment, join our team, and help us dish out excellence to our guests.
The pay rate for this position is commensurate with experience.
- Responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality
- Preparing, cooking, plating, garnishing food, following par sheets and recipes
- Maintaining communication with Expos, chefs, and front of house staff to ensure timely service to the guests
- Using safe food handling procedures
- Assisting with training
- Minimizing waste
- Ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Ensuring that all food products are stored properly
- Completing other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Average to above knife skills
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot recipes/menu items with little or no difficulty
- Ability to efficiently set up and maintain workstation
- Ability to demonstrate the outlet style of cuisine through food tasting and preparation
- Ability to assist Chef with maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Ability to handle average amounts of prep work and work 2-3 stations with little or no difficulty and minimal assistance
- Ability to work with position, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania regulations and adhere to all servsafe guidelines.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Based on operational need, (including days, evenings, weekends and holidays) the working schedule may include up to 40+ hours per week
- Flexible schedule required, including days, evenings, split shifts, weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time and ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be comfortable working in temperature variations
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer