The Part-time (PT) Desktop/Client Support Associate provides in-person and on-site remote support for internal customer desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and Hershey standard desktop software applications. This position will also provide support for business enterprise systems (i.e. Infogenesis, Resortsuite, Delphi, etc.).
The PT Desktop/Client Support Associate will be the customer's advocate to other IT personnel to ensure the customer has the tools needed to perform their job at the highest levels. You will be responsible for maintaining and tracking customer support requests, including escalation and follow-up with other IT personnel. Additionally, you will act as a knowledge resource for Help Desk team members as well as the primary backup for the Help Desk team when additional phone support is needed.
This position will also assist the Application/Project Support team members with any Business Partnership needs requiring technical work.
The hourly rate for this position is $12.25.
- Provides 2nd level in-person and remote support to customer community to answer questions and resolve issues. These issues are generally escalated from the Help Desk team members.
- Assists with diagnosing and providing creative solutions and alternatives for troubleshooting software, hardware and printing issues.
- Escalates problems to Application/Project Support team when necessary for continued troubleshooting of problems and incidents.
- Works as a proponent/advocate for customer issues and concerns
- Presents a positive, helpful, customer-focused image.
- Represents the company in a professional and businesslike manner and communicates effectively.
- Assists with providing top-notch support which will require troubleshooting user's technical issues, supporting complex software and computer technology in a high-service environment. Activities include recognition, documentation, research, isolation, accurate resolution, and follow-up.
- Provides clear, concise and thoroughly researched technical information to other IT personnel when escalating a problem.
- Under limited supervision, manages daily work activities which include support requests, systems maintenance and any other tasks as needed.
- Performs setup, preventive hardware maintenance, replacement and repair (at the component level) of computers and other IT equipment.
- Assists Application/Project Support team with technical issues/requests coming from Business Partnership meetings.
- Act as primary backup for the Help Desk team when needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- In progress of or have obtained an Associate/Technical School Degree or higher, preferred
- Prior experience supporting hardware and applications is preferred
- Knowledge related to Windows 7, email systems, MS Office
- Understanding of network issues dealing with Printing, Document delivery systems other than email (i.e. scan-to-folder, scan-to-email, etc.), PC/laptop connectivity
- Strong verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communications skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Understands customer issues and demonstrates real concern
- Establishes credibility quickly by listening, taking initiative and following up
- Quickly understands technical problems and works to troubleshoot and resolve issues while maintaining detailed documentation per occurrence
- Experience imaging laptops/desktops and light network administration
- Experience working with Help Desk/ticketing systems preferred
- Willingness to pursue ongoing certifications and education
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work well with others as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution
- Normal work schedule includes up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (business hours), but based on operating needs must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, reaching, lifting, and finger dexterity.
- Need to be able to sit for extended period of time.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer