The Hershey Lodge Banquet Intern will assist in the preparation, execution and follow up of banquet and convention center events at Hershey Lodge. The intern will have the opportunity to see all aspects of Banquet management including service, staff training, inventory management, staff management, operating procedures, and will have exposure to participating in special projects. The intern will utilize customer service and communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our core purpose. Working closely with the banquet management team, the intern will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with room set-up
- Learn to read BEO’s and assign work
- Learn scheduling and assist with managing our scheduling and timekeeping program, Kronos
- Supervise and assist with running a function
- Complete Banquet Server training
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be entering your Junior or Senior year Fall 2018 and Majoring/Minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food and Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field
- Seniors planning to graduate in December 2018 will be considered
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Abide by appearance standards and be able to maintain hospitality standards for the assigned property
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- Some positions may require a valid Driver’s License
- Transportation is not provided for this program, all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements are based on position to include but are not limited to: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking, reaching lifting/pushing/carrying (up to 50lbs), bending & walking
- Flexible work environment requires adaptability to demanding/fast pace, noise and heat
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer