This position is responsible for the development, management, and execution of merchandise financial planning, product assortment planning, business process management, demand forecasting, store replenishment and allocation, SKU life cycle management, and Open to Buy process for Retail outlets within Hershey Entertainment and Resorts.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Analyze data in order to prepare sales, margin, and inventory forecast reports. Identify trends, potential risk, and opportunities for growth and share with operations team and retail director in order to inform decision making.*
- Monitor and plan inventory levels and compare to budgets and forecasts in order to evaluate pricing and placement strategies. Assess inventory aging and make recommendations on markdowns and liquidations in order to optimize inventory turn.*
- Manage the logistics and replenishment pipeline with buying, warehouse, and operations. Work with buying team to ensure ordered goods are delivered in full and on time.*
- Manage and administer store replenishment and allocation functions; determine number of items to buy and identify top selling items and develop systems to automatically replenish. Determine merchandise allocation to ensure availability and proper placement of merchandise across all retail outlets.*
- Develop systems and tools to automate processes and enhance efficiency for purchasing and replenishment. Partner with IT, operations, and finance to evaluate and implement new systems and processes.*
- Implement and manage the Open to Buy (OTB) process to give structure and support to buyers and improve return on investment (ROI) on inventory. Develop processes to ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained in order to satisfy customer demand.*
- Develop processes for demand forecasting, lead times, and order cycles. Utilize tools to determine appropriate inventory levels and ordering practices in order to fulfill customer demand and meet sales goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in Retail and/or Hospitality/Tourism
- Bachelor’s degree OR y years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Influence and negotiation skills
- Process, development, and project management skills
- Strong organizational skills
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (25lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer