This position is responsible for the organized, efficient operation of the Front Office and Guest Services at the Hershey Lodge.
About the Hershey Lodge:
The Hershey Lodge located in “The Sweetest Place on Earth”, Hershey, PA has been building a tradition of fine service and excellence accommodations for over 45 years. With 4 full service restaurants, over 665 rooms and 100,000 square feet of meeting room space, the Hershey Lodge is one of the largest convention facilities in Pennsylvania. To review information about the Hershey Lodge, visit www.HersheyLodge.com
- Supervise the day to day operations of Guest Services and Front Office.
- Interviewing, training, scheduling, coaching, and evaluating front desk attendants, PBX operators, night auditors, bell persons, greeters, and drivers
- Assisting front desk attendants with check-ins and check-outs; assisting PBX operators with telephones
- Assisting the greeters with the arrival process, the bell staff with luggage tagging and valet, the Concierge with organizing transportation needs, Ticket sales, and extending service, the driver team with transportation schedule; assisting the night audit staff with front desk and accounting functions
- Effectively use/manage property management system
- Running and reviewing reports relative to property and guests
- Monitor staffing levels to maximize service and profitability.
- Assist in responding/giving resolution to guest inquiries and concerns
- Assist in overseeing all Human Resource functions for employees including hiring, on-boarding, training, scheduling, payroll, and personnel issues.
- Assist in overseeing & monitoring ticketing processes including inventory, audit and financial analysis.
- Coordinate and execute responses to guest correspondence for Hershey Lodge.
- Work with Convention Services to facilitate group requests including, but not limited to transportation, room deliveries, special service, tours, valet events, and dinner reservations.
- Promote a safe, sanitary, and attractive environment for guests and employees.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of Four Diamond Quality Standards.
- Assist VIP Manager with ensuring the integrity and service excellence relative to VIP and guest loyalty program
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver' license.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in hospitality/resorts environment, preferably in guest services or relative department.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree. If no degree, a total of four (4) years relative work experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective time management and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of property management systems (ResortSuite preferred), and experience using a payroll system.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others).
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs and will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays (40-60 hour work week)
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer