The Catering Area Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervising staff and maintaining the operation of the HERSHEYPARK Food & Beverage Catering locations. The position will rotate through a supervisor on duty schedule and will work directly with the full time catering managers to oversee the daily operations relating to employee staffing, overall general catering operations throughout the park and limited revenue operations. It is your responsibility of this position to possess, lead and instruct on the company’s core values. The primary working time frame for the position revolves around the HERSHEYPARK season to include Spring, Summer and Fall seasonal operations. This position may also assist at other Hershey Entertainment Complex locations on an as needed basis (HERSHEYPARK Arena, HERSHEYPARK Stadium, GIANT Center, and Hershey Theatre).
Please note that this position may not always have an immediate opening; however, applying for the position will allow you to be considered as positions become available.
The position that you are applying for is a BLUE TAG level.
- Leading the team by assessing the needs of each location, moving staff and product around the venue when necessary to better suit the needs of each location, and work with the other areas and/or management when assistance is needed
- Train and supervise employees to ensure friendly, positive guest interactions and provide employees with necessary information to answer guest questions.
- Train Building Supervisors on job responsibilities and assist where needed on the training of Team Leaders and Line Level employees
- Ensure that all locations in the area of responsibility opens and closes at the proper times established by the banquet needs. Monitor staffing levels and adjust as needed
- Monitor appearance and operation standards (inside and outside) of the catering locations; cleanliness, music, line allocation, food, safety ect.
- Monitor food preparation and portion controls; including safe food handling standards and ensuring quality product in line with federal, state and company laws and policies
- Maintain appropriate food production levels based on projected business and weather
- Maintain equipment and report problems with equipment to maintenance staff during operations or file appropriate work order so that equipment problems are corrected
- Ensure strict adherence to Child Labor Laws, and reporting any potential violations to a full-time manager immediately
- Handle both guest compliments and complaints, and be able to answer guest questions or to direct them to the appropriate source of information
- Work with Sales Team to assist Clients on an as needed basis
- Complete food, paper and chemical orders for areas of responsibility
- Assist managers with End of Period Accounting procedures
- Adhere to financial procedures as it relates to money bag, banquet accounting and revenue reporting
- Perform other job related assignments and tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older on the date of applying.
- Minimum of (2) years of Food & Beverage experience
- Minimum of (1) year of supervisory experience in the Food & Beverage industry to include (shift supervisor, restaurant supervisor or manager)
- Must be certified or be able to pass an alcohol service class (RAMPs® Training – will be provided) and Food Safety training (ServSafe™ – will be provided)
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Windows based computers (including general Office Suite programs – Word, Excel)
- Must be able to clearly communicate, read and write in English
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must be self-motivated to complete tasks and be able to multi task while prioritizing job tasks and assignments
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes Monday through Sunday (including Holidays) with shifts starting as early as 6am and ending as late as 1am, and must be able to work a minimum of two (2) weekends (Saturday and Sundays) each month
- Must be able to work a minimum of five (5) days and at least 25 hours per week (including shifts in excess of 8 hours) during May, June, July and August and at least 15 hours per week during September through April
- Physical requirements include standing (for periods up to at least 8 hours at a time), walking (including up and down stairs), bending and repeated lifting (up to 20 pounds without assistance)
- Regular outside work in various weather conditions is required (including, hot, cold, rain, snow and other inclement weather)
- Employee must provide proper footwear (black non-skid / non-slip sneakers)
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer