"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this position is 10/16/2019 through 10/23/2019."
This position is responsible for sorting of soiled linen processed at the Hershey Laundry while maintaining knowledge and skill of the third class level.
This position is responsible for job duties as follows:
- Sorting soiled linens for processing: Tasks include working as a team on a soil conveyor belt and manually sorting linen by item, by property/client and pulling soiled linens from carts.
- Ability to train third class staff on second and third class duties.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned throughout the production floor including all third class production duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work as a team with co-workers
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recognize property differences in linens and goods by client/customer
- Ability to understand oral and written instruction in English
- Ability to operate and understand the use of a computer, keyboarding and coding
- Ability to pass a color blind test
- Ability to operate pressing equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to…
- Constantly (67-100% of time): Stand, Walk, Balance and Stoop
- Frequently (34-66% of time): Lift up to 50lbs, Carry up to 20lbs, Push in excess of 100lbs, and Pull up to 100lbs., Reach Forward, Reach Overhead, Kneel, Crouch, Handle Objects and Operate Controls
- Occasionally (up to 33% of time): Carry up to 50lbs, Pull in excess of 75lbs., Climb Stairs, Grasp Firmly and Crawl
- Must be able to work overtime and perform duties as assigned
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs: Days off will vary week to week and may not be consecutive. Weekends and holidays may be required
- Must be able to work in an environment with extreme temperature changes
- Hazardous chemicals in and around the workplace
- Typical shift is 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- This is a Union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer