Join the team behind the most transformative expansion in Hersheypark® history. Hershey’s Chocolatetown is an all-new region of Hersheypark where guests can play, eat, shop, and gather.
This position plays a primary role in maintaining and enhancing the quality of all baked/pastry goods served in Hershey’s Chocolatetown and The Entertainment Complex. The Pastry Sous Chef will assist with the management and mentorship of the pastry shop staff and the development and delivery of various dessert styles, baked goods, chocolate work, and confectionery that can only be found in Hershey’s Chocolatetown.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company seeks out employees who exhibit the values of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, including selfless spirit of service, team-focus, and respect.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Displays exceptional skills, knowledge and leadership in the realm of high volume kitchen production
- Ability to foster a positive, team-focused work environment
- Demonstrates mastery in various dessert styles, baked goods, chocolate work, confectionery, and finishing techniques
- Ability to organize overall production to maintain an even level of daily team workload while comfortably meeting deadlines and maintaining execution of quality and standards*
- Provide leadership to pastry team members and communicate clearly and effectively with the Pastry Chef and other team members and guests*
- Supervise, motivate, train, delegate and counsel team members for success and growth
- Ability to maintain high quality of food presentation that reflects the standards of The Entertainment Complex*
- Assist with food ordering, pars, and executing proper storage of baking and pastry goods and complete monthly food inventories with accuracy*
- Understand various business levels and the impact of food and labor costs
- Monitor the compliance of company procedures, protection of property, and adherence to departmental polices
- Maintain and enforce a clean and sanitary work environment on a daily basis
- Maintain and enforce standards of good personal hygiene and proper uniform guidelines
- Assist with additional requests of the Pastry Chef, including the ability to fill in during the absence of the Pastry Chef while maintaining the team/product and following through on necessary communication
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Must have at least an Associate’s degree in Baking & Pastry Arts
- Five (5) years or relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe certification as a condition of continued employment
- Must have previous experience in high production baking/pastry kitchen
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Must be proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer