Join the team behind the most transformative expansion in Hersheypark® history. Hershey’s Chocolatetown is an all-new region of Hersheypark where guests can play, eat, shop, and gather.
This position plays a primary role in maintaining and enhancing the quality of all baked/pastry goods served in Hershey’s Chocolatetown and The Entertainment Complex. The Pastry Chef will lead the management and mentorship of the pastry shop staff and direct the development and delivery of various dessert styles, baked goods, chocolate work, and confectionery that can only be found in Hershey’s Chocolatetown.
The Pastry Chef leads team members while assisting with daily tasks to maintain quality of product and growth of staff. This individual is expected to understand various business levels and the impact of food and labor costs on business.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company seeks out employees who exhibit the values of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, including selfless spirit of service, team-focus, and respect.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Ability to organize overall production to deliver an even level of daily team workload and comfortably meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain high quality of food presentation that reflects the standards of The Entertainment Complex*
- Provide leadership to pastry team members and communicate clearly and effectively with the Pastry Sous Chefs and other team members and guests*
- Ability to foster a positive, team-focused work environment
- Supervise, motivate, train, delegate and counsel team members for success and growth
- Monitor the compliance of company procedures, protection of property, and adherence to departmental polices
- Maintain and enforce a clean and sanitary work environment on a daily basis
- Organize food ordering, pars and executing proper storage of baking and pastry goods and complete monthly food inventories with accuracy*
- Maintain and enforce standards of good personal hygiene and proper uniform guidelines
- Assist with additional requests of the Corporate Pastry Chef and Restaurant Executive Chef and follow through on necessary communication
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Must have at least an Associate’s degree in Baking & Pastry Arts
- Eight (8) years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Must be able to obtain ServeSafe certification as a condition of continued employment.
- Previous Pastry experience in mass production bakery, preferred
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer