The Paralegal is part of the Legal Team for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, which owns and/or operates Hersheypark® Amusement Park and Entertainment Complex, Hershey® Lodge, The Hotel Hershey®, Hershey Bears® Hockey Club, and more. The Paralegal will be responsible for the administration of the company’s contract management system (CMS), liquor and food and beverage licenses, and general liability claims processing; and drafting and redlining contracts..
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Administer the Company’s CMS, including setting up workflows, reports, users, and contract templates. Continually develop and implement more efficient processes for users of the system to ensure compliance with company policies.*
- Support users of the CMS through training and troubleshooting. Through CMS audits and completing the contract close-out process, ensure contract review, approval, and execution in accordance with company policies. Collaborate with contract owners to make sure the required documentation is uploaded to the CMS, including certificates of insurance as required.*
- Administer the company’s liquor and food & beverage licenses, including filing applications, responding to requests for information, and maintaining and updating files and spreadsheets.*
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Assist with general liability claims processing, investigations, documentation, and analysis; forward follow-up information and documentation to the third party administrator; and document and update claim files and spreadsheets.*
- Handle and respond to subpoenas, discovery, and other legal requests for information (including Requests for Production of Documents and Interrogatories).*
- Draft contracts, contract management policies, legal documents and corresponding standard operating procedures.
- Draft contract management policies, standard operating procedures, and correspondence (including termination and demand letters and Litigation Hold Notices).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Must have at least an Associate’s degree.
- Prior contract experience
- Strong comprehension of contract terms and conditions
- Excellent computer skills
- Must be able to demonstrate proactivity and take ownership of daily responsibilities and projects
- Must have the ability to accurately key data into a software program following prescribed guidelines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with PA Rules of Professional Conduct governing lawyers and Company policies
- Demonstrate integrity and exercise good judgment
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (30lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer