As a Reservation Intern you will gain real-world experience working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. Additionally, interns are responsible for providing excellent customer service and information concerning the Hershey Destination to our guest market via direct phone communication by answering incoming telephone calls, e-mail, and chat.
With the addition of personalized Coaching, you will continue to build upon skills in the following areas: analytical thinking, problem solving, sales techniques, coaching, and office management.
We are looking for candidates with the talent to deliver exceptional and distinctive customer service to our internal and external guests or customers. Candidates should be customer focused and sales minded, as they are responsible for driving revenue for the Hershey destination. This position requires a high level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to adapt and process information that can change quickly.
Interns have the opportunity to participate in monthly goal challenges for sweet prizes and to earn additional income though our incentive program.
- This position is located within the Corporate Offices at the Press Building in Hershey, PA.
- This internship is available for up to 40 hours a week from early May through mid-August.
- Weekend and evening availability are required for this internship.
- Housing is not offered for this internship.
- Applicants will be accepted through March 1, 2020.
- The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to prescreen applicants.
- If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
Best. Perks. Ever.:
- Free admission to Hersheypark.
- Free parking to all Hersheypark and Giant Center events.
- Sweet discounts across town.
- Employee Appreciation Events.
- And more!
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a junior or senior college student majoring in business administration, marketing, hospitality, communications, or similar area of study.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with organization and planning skills
- Must pass typing test to demonstrate ability to serve guests quickly and accurately (minimum 32 words per minute)
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Self-motivated with personal drive for success
- Must display professionalism and a positive demeanor
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow
- Shifts involve hours between 8am and 11pm. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week from May to August.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer