This position is responsible for the transportation of food and beverage items to and from the guests via the room service operation and its related functions at The Hotel Hershey.
This is a seasonal position available for the summer beginning April/May. The working schedule may include morning, mid-day, evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational needs.
- Arranging room service carts in a professional and appealing manner
- Shift: Depends on business demands.
- A complete knowledge of menu and all related menu items
- A complete knowledge of the room service process to be able to direct the guest and answer any questions
- An ability to complete fundamental mathematics
- An ability to function with the Point of Service System
- Ability to handle guest concerns and questions in a thorough and professional manner.
- Maintaining an adequate amount of room service supplies
- The ability to act as room service lead
- The position is also responsible to complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license, a condition of continued employment.
- Must demonstrate a capacity to operate the Point of Sale system and complete elementary math functions.
- Must be responsible for cash, credit card and room charge handling.
- Must demonstrate complete organizational skills both in paperwork and work area.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to co-workers and other staff
- Upon hire must be able to pass menu test within 30 days of employment
- Must successfully complete RAMP training by passing the required test within the established probationary period.
- This position will primarily work 6am-3pm or 2:30pm -11pm but will occasionally require working 3rd shift
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop and push up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a safe and professional manner.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
- May be required to work based on operational demands.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer