This position is responsible for providing friendly, efficient, courteous service to all guests of The Shops at The Hotel Hershey.
This is a seasonal position available for the summer beginning April/May. The working schedule may include morning, mid-day, evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational needs.
- Greeting guests
- Selling merchandise to guests
- Entering sales into POS system
- Handling all cash, credit card, and room charge transactions
- Performing shop opening and closing duties
- Exhibiting thorough product knowledge and up-selling techniques to guests
- Answering telephone in a professional manner
- Inspecting merchandise to insure quality prior to sale
- Assisting in inventory counts and shrink prevention, following safety and cleanliness standards
- Communicating special requests to the manager
- Rotating to other shops for coverage as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Exceptional guest service and organization skills.
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to handle cash transactions and learn point-of-sale system.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to work independently and display leadership qualities, including initiative
- Professional image representative of property image
- Proven sales experience preferred
- Physical requirements include standing at least 95% of the shift, communicating clearly, walking, bending, and pushing and lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Schedule will rotate to cover hours of operation between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., including weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer