An Internship in Culinary at The Hotel Hershey is focused on developing a strong operational capability in the student. Our students will work in the various kitchens, be coached by Sous Chefs and senior line staff and be challenged to execute at a professional production level. The Culinary Intern/extern is expected to bring a passion and focus on learning, maintain a professional demeanor and be committed to the full term of the Intern/Externship.
- This position is located at the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
- Internship/Externship timeline is flexible to fit specific program needs.
- Housing may be available through our housing partner depending on start date.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the internship is filled.
Best. Perks. Ever.
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- Employee Appreciation Events
- And more!
- Maintain a clean and organized work area using ServSafe training and State Food Safety regulations.
- Demonstrate safe handling of tools, knives and equipment in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Exhibit safe food handling practices.
- Exhibit basic knowledge and understanding of cooking techniques; strive to advance knowledge and skills.
- Follow verbal direction and written recipes quickly and accurately; asking appropriate questions for clarification.
- Develop proficiency in operating assigned stations.
- Performs all job related duties as required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer