This position is responsible for assisting the Recreation Department in planning, training and implementation of the pool facilities and family or convention group recreational activities for the Hershey Lodge.
- Overseeing daily activities, pool operations, lifeguard and activities staff
- Assisting with training and evaluating staff
- Monitoring equipment and supplies within the department
- Assist in developing and execution with special events and themed weekends
- Maintaining proper water conditions in swimming pools
- Conducting and attending department and property meetings and filling in for lifeguards and activities attendants as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree OR an Associate’s Degree and 1 year work experience in recreation setting; if no degree 2 years work experience in a recreation setting
- Must be able to obtain a Lifeguard Certification upon employment
- Proven employee/guest relations, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification, a plus
- Current Pesticide License, a plus
- Current AFO or CPO pool certifications, a plus
- Physical requirements include complete mobility and good physical conditioning, good hearing and vision, and ability to tolerate heat.
- Must be able to push a maximum of 75 lbs.
- Schedule typically is 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. but days can vary according to operational needs, including mornings, weekends, and holidays. Early shift begins at 5:00 a.m. and the late shift ends at 11:00 p.m.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer