This is a seasonal position for the Summer 2020 season, with the opportunity for additional work throughout the year.
This position is ideal for Finance/Accounting professionals and students, with relative experience seeking part-time seasonal employment.
Please note: This position does not provide housing.
Employees may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on the assigned job:
- Operating Jet scans (currency counters) and Jet sorts (coin sorter) to process daily receipts from Hersheypark, Hersheypark Arena, Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium, M.S. Hershey Foundation, Golf properties, Restaurant Group, and Resorts properties.
- Data input of financial activities into a Windows based Cash Management Tracking System.
- Completing daily bank deposits.
- Issuance and reception of cashier bags through the Cash Management Tracking system.
- Answering phones and dispatching radio calls.
- Physical pick-up of cashier bags and respond to and deliver any change calls within Hersheypark and Hersheypark Stadium in all weather conditions.
- Driving golf carts within and around Hersheypark.
- Replenishing funds for the next operating day.
- Assisting cash control coworkers and supervisors with other job tasks, as needed (i.e. auditing cash receipts of company properties, shredding of confidential information, attending trainings as required).
- Working in small satellite Vault locations for Giant Center and Stadium events.
- Promote safety, security, and confidentiality of Company assets.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid PA Driver's license.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have strong basic math skills and ability to reconcile balances.
- Must be comfortable handling large sums of money.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests.
- Must be able to work both independently, showing initiative, as well as being a team player by working with a partner or team.
- Must be detail oriented with proven organization skills.
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work.
- Must be flexible and adapt to changes in schedule, tasks, and priorities to meet operational and departmental need.
- Must be able to work four (4) day or more per week, with scheduling flexibility to include a rotation of early mornings starting at 7am and late nights ending around 2am.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays is also required.
- Hours vary based on operational needs.
- Shifts can range from 4hrs to as many as 10hrs
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, without assistance
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time depending on assigned daily duties
- Must be able to walk at a rapid pace to arrive at Hersheypark locations in a timely manner
- Must be able to work in a combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions, including extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and other inclement weather
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer